New to dishwashers? Find out here what can go in it, and about the very few things that can’t.
What can I wash in the dishwasher?
- Most crockery and cutlery. Wipe acidic foods like salad dressing off cutlery first, to stop rust spots appearing.
- Dishwasher-safe plastic.
- Stainless steel pans.
Look here for more details on how to load a dishwasher
What should I wash by hand?
- Antique or hand-painted china.
- Lead crystal (unless it’s labelled ‘dishwasher-safe’).
- Anything with a wood or bone handle.
- Cast-iron pots and pans.
- Aluminium pots & utensils