Who says healthy has to be boring? When the thermometer rises and that hot chicken is looking less appetising, summer salads are a great way to satisfy those hunger pangs while keeping nice and cool. Better yet, salads can be super colourful and fun – especially at this time of year! If strawberries, feta cheese, spinach and mint sounds like a salad you could really dig into, read on! This simple recipe will be easy to whip up at your next summertime soiree.
The perfect ‘Summer Berry’ party salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
2 cups kale
2 cups spinach
75g full cream feta, crumbled
½ punnet of strawberries
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Thoroughly wash the kale and spinach and combine in a large salad bowl.
- Wash the strawberries and chop into quarters.
- Add the strawberries to the greens.
- Crumble the feta and sprinkle evenly on top of the salad.
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic and mint in a jar. Close the lid tightly and shake well until combined.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad.
- Toss to combine and serve immediately.
Be sure to dress your salad at the table. Dressing your salad too early may mean a soggy salad with slimy spinach leaves, which doesn’t make for an appetising salad! If you’re crafting your own, think about how your salad will work with your ingredients – a truly great salad is balanced, offers good texture and – of course – is full of flavour!
Your guests have finished devouring your elegant summer salad – luckily this meal requires minimal prep and cleaning time! Load all those empty plates and bowls into the dishwasher with some Finish Quantum Max and join your friends by the pool.