There is nothing quite as Australian as an ANZAC biscuit. Discover this delicious twist on the original recipe!
Delicious Coconut and Macadamia ANZAC Biscuits
Who doesn’t love melt-in-the-mouth ANZAC biscuits? Not only are they a delicious treat, but they are ideal year-round as a lunchbox filler, after-school snack or just because. A staple Aussie biscuit, this recipe has remained unchanged for many years—until now! Give this unique twist on the ANZAC biscuit a try; you’ll be swatting away grabby hands in no time. If you’re after more delicious Aussie treats, try our choc Pavlova bites!
Coconut and Macadamia ANZAC Biscuits
If there’s a sweeter combination than coconut and macadamia, we haven’t found it yet! These moreish ANZAC biscuits are the perfect answer to those sweet cravings.
Time: 20 minutes
1 cup rolled oats
¾ cup wholemeal flour
¾ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup castor sugar
½ cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1½ tablespoons honey
135g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl.
- Add the oats, desiccated coconut, sugar and chopped macadamia nuts to the flour and combine.
- Cut the butter into cubes, place in a bowl, cover with a paper towel and microwave for 25 seconds, or until melted.
- Add the honey to the melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Make a hole in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the butter mixture. Mix and fold with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Place heaped tablespoons of mixture onto the baking tray and flatten slightly with the back of a fork, leaving room for them to spread.
- Cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly on the baking tray for 2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack until completely cool.
Be sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container; if left out for too long they may go stale. Want to keep some for another day? These ANZAC biscuits can also be frozen for up to 6 weeks! A great solution for school lunchboxes or for snacks on the go.
The great thing about ANZAC biscuits is the minimal mess they cause! Once the serving plate is empty, be sure to load up the dishwasher and let Finish Quantum Max do the rest.