Quick and easy Tuna Pasta Pies
Q. What do you get when you give tuna pasta a fun twist by baking it into little pies?
A. Something that tastes sooooooo gooooood!
Seriously, what’s not to love about this dish from Taste.com.au? It’s super quick and easy to whip up (25mins prep to plate) and it combines all of the nutrient dense goodness of tuna and fresh veggies into a pie. A pie!
The perfect recipe for getting the kids eating their veggies – and one you’re sure to enjoy too.
200g short pasta (such as fusilli, penne)
300g broccoli, trimmed, cut into small florets
1 corn cob
1 tablespoon cornflour
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
250ml (1 cup) reduced fat milk, plus 60ml (1/4 cup) extra
185g tin tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
25g (1/4 cup) finely grated parmesan
30g (1/2 cup) fresh white sourdough breadcrumbs
1. Cook the pasta in a saucepan of lightly salted water according to packet instructions or until al dente, adding broccoli for last 2 minutes. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, cut corn kernels from cob. Set aside. Combine the cornflour and extra 60ml (1/4 cup) milk until smooth.
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, cook stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
4. Add garlic and lemon rind, cook stirring for 1 minute.
5. Add the corn kernels and cornflour mixture, stir to combine, then gradually add the remaining milk, stirring until all the milk has been added and the sauce thickens.
6. Add the tuna, parsley, pasta and broccoli, stir until well until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Preheat grill on high. Transfer mixture to 4 x 500ml (2 cup) capacity ovenproof dishes. Combine the parmesan and breadcrumbs, sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the pasta. Place ramekins under preheated grill and grill for 2 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden and crisp.
Try as you might, but once those ramekins have been in the oven with this deliciousness they’ll be near impossible to lick clean. So instead, drop them in the dishwasher with all the other dirty dishes and let Finish Quantum Max do the rest. We’ll even help you SAVE 25% on your next 20pk with this coupon redeemable at Woolworths until November 5th.