The sizzling of those beef sausages on the barbecue, the smell of a freshly cut lawn, and the heat of the summer sun: Australia Day certainly has its own taste, smell and feel. If you’re planning on having a few friends around the barbie, you’ll need some great food! One of the most Australian dishes has to be the ever-delicious and summer favourite pavlova. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Australia Day gathering, this unique twist on the classic pavlova is sure to get the kids (and adults!) rushing to the table.
Delicious Choc Pavlova Bites
What if you could have all the delicious flavour of a pavlova without having to make a mess dishing it up? It’s possible with mini pavlova bites! Try this amazing and easy recipe to dazzle your guests this Australia Day (or any other day!).
Serves 8 – 12
Cooking time: 1 hour
Preparation: 25 minutes
- 4 egg whites
- 1 small tub of Nutella or Greek yoghurt, to serve
- 1 punnet of raspberries, strawberries or cherries, to serve
- 1 ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon cocoa
- 3 tablespoon boiling water
- 3 tablespoon corn flour
- ½ tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 ½ teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Place egg whites, caster sugar, vinegar, vanilla essence, water and corn flour into a warm, dry bowl.
- Beat mixture using electric beaters on high until fluffy peaks form.
- Sift the cocoa over the top of the mixture and fold very gently. Be very careful not to over fold, as it will turn runny.
- Preheat oven to 130°C.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper.
- Draw circles (5cm diameter) onto the baking paper.
- Using a clean, dry spoon, place the mixture onto the baking paper according to the pre-drawn circles.
- Using the back of a clean spoon, press down the middle of each Pavlova to ensure they are slightly higher at the edges. This will make it easier to fill each with toppings.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until dry and firm to touch.
- Turn off the oven, open the door, and let the Pavlovas cool in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and rest on a cooling rack.
- To serve, add a dollop of Nutella or Greek yoghurt and top with halved raspberries or strawberries, cherries, or any combination of these.
It’s Australia Day and it’s hot – the last thing you want is to be stuck over the sink washing up after all that hard work! Cut that work in half by using Finish Quantum Max Dishwasher Tablets and get back to enjoying the day (and your pavlovas!).