By the end of the weekend the most enticing word in a recipe might be 'easy', but it's no reason to compromise on taste.
This roast chicken dinner recipe wins on both counts. Using just the one pan, it only takes a short time to prepare and the results are so good you might even consider making it on other nights of the week!
One-pan roast dinner
Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 1hr20 mins
- 1.5 kg chicken
- 1 lemon (halved)
- 50g softened butter
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 750g potatoes, chopped into roastie size
- around 500g carrots (about 7), chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g frozen peas
- 300ml chicken stock
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan-assisted. Snip the string or elastic off the chicken if it’s tied, then place in a roasting tin that's big enough for all the ingredients. Stick the lemon halves into the chicken cavity. Rub the butter, herbs and seasoning all over the chicken. Place the potatoes and carrots around it, drizzle everything with oil, season and toss together.
- Roast for 20 mins before turning the oven down to 200C/180C fan-assisted and roasting for another 50 mins.
- Stir the peas, stock and Marmite into the veg in the tin, then return to the oven for 10 mins more.
- Serve and enjoy.
Looking for something other than chicken?
Check out these other easy roast recipes we've found:
It won't take long to make this pork roast with crispy crackling, but the results will see you wanting to make it again.
Lamb more your thing? As the name suggests, this slow roast leg of lamb will take some time – but it's super easy to make and the resulting tender meat simply falls off the bone.
A quicker take on lamb roast is this offering from Jamie Oliver. Best thing is, you can even make it without an English accent.
While this roast beef recipe does take a little more effort, it's still quick in terms of prep time and will lead to a memorable meal.
For the vegetarians in the house there's this easy nut roast recipe, to which you can add all the traditional trimmings.
And if you feel like indulging a little this winter, but don’t have the time or energy to spend slaving in the kitchen, give these wickedly simple mug cakes a try. One of the easiest throw-together desserts around, these mug cake recipes are sure to make your mug (and your microwave) your new best friend!
Make the wash up easy too
The best way to finish an easy Sunday roast is to make the clean up easy – and quick. So load up the dishwasher and use Finish Quantum Ultimate for a brilliantly clean end to the weekend.